Thursday, November 20, 2008

there's the given and the expected

1. I am grateful for items that I can successfully cross of my “to do” list.
2. I am grateful for an earpiece so that I can listen in to conference calls and take notes without kinking my neck.
3. I am grateful for Cadbury Thins 100 calorie milk chocolate bars. I bought a couple of boxes of these when I was last in Canada (Dear U.S. What’s up with not carrying this deliciousness? Please get on that. And if Tim Hortons could come, too, that would be great.) and have enjoyed them ever since. I don’t always have a craving for the perfect chocolate/toffee treat (I’ve been leaning more towards French fries as my guilty pleasure these days) but each time these catch my eye I am delighted both by the taste and by my wonderful memories of Canada.
In every thing give thanks.
1 Thes. 5: 18

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action."
-W.J. Cameron

1 comment:

Meg said...

Maybe they'll have Cadbury Thins 100 calorie milk chocolate bars in Tijuana. I doubt they'll have Tim Hortons, but I am sure they'll have several of those creapy hotels...