Thursday, November 06, 2008

signals that are mixed

1. I am thankful for a pillow that is comfortable and doesn't kink my neck.
2. I am thankful for mornings when I already have my clothes for the day picked out--it makes the morning "getting ready" routine move much quicker and smoother.
3. I am thankful that the hotel conference room that my meetings are being held in today has two balconies with glass doors so that the light fills the room and I don't feel too cut off from the world. Also, when I came in first thing this morning the balcony doors were open so the room had that cold, crisp morning air feeling that I love, and I was grateful that I was here early to experience it.

"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable."
-Joseph B. Wirthlin, "'Live in Thanksgiving Daily'," Ensign, Sep 2001

No comments: