Sunday, November 30, 2008

my heart is full

1. I am grateful for the exercise (some days more than others) of forcing myself to reflect on my day and my life and take notice of the blessings that I have been given.
2. I am grateful that the snow held off falling until after Thanksgiving.
3. I am grateful for the knowledge that I can pray and receive answers to my prayers.

"One of the things we can give at Christmas time, that no one else can give, is our thanks...
"Even though events and circumstances in the world at times become discouraging, our task, not alone in the Christmas season but always, is to be of good cheer. The Lord so often counsels us to have cheerfulness in our lives.
"And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you." (D&C 61:36)
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." (D&C 68:6)
"The Lord will be in our midst, he will be with us and stand by us and lead us."
-Spencer W. Kimball, "A Gift of Gratitude," Tambuli, Dec 1977

"Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name."
1 Chronicles 29:13

No comments: