Tuesday, November 25, 2008

praises we offer with voices and hearts

1. I am grateful for homemade bread toast with honey.
2. I am grateful for coupons so that getting lunch or dinner is much less expensive.
3. I am grateful for Christmas cards (yes, we received our first one this week) from friends in far away places. I'm not the best at keeping in touch with people, even when I like them a lot, and it's good to know that at least once a year I will get an update on my friends (and their families).

"We need to be more grateful. I think there's no true character without gratitude. It's one of the marks of a real strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It doesn't cost anything. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation and gratitude."
-Ezra Taft Benson, "Receive All Things with Thankfulness," New Era, Nov 1976

"Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings."
-J. Robert Moskin

1 comment:

Karla said...

Homemade bread toasted with butter and honey is the best kind of toast with butter and honey!