Saturday, November 29, 2008

blessed peace to cheer us

1. I am grateful to have my laptop back. My brother has had it this week doing some much needed maintenance and clean-up (another thing I am most grateful for) and today has been my first real chance to be back on. I love the convenience of a laptop and also having access to all my files.
2. I am grateful that we set up the Christmas tree today. We did help a little with the main family tree upstairs, but we also set up "our" tree downstairs, and I was thrilled to discover that when we packed the tree away last year we has left the lights strung on (something I forgot we did) so that our set-up was a breeze.
3. I am grateful for the happy sounds of a house full of family, but also for the restful quiet that occurs when all the cute children depart.

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."
-Cynthia Ozick

1 comment:

Karla said...

You are already experiencing the joys of a grandma! Wow, doesn't that make you feel old?!? :)