Friday, November 07, 2008

take it with a smile

1. I am thankful that today I get to go back home and sleep in my own bed again. Big hotel beds are okay for awhile (especially when I'm the only one in them), but there is nothing like home.
2. I am thankful that own room has a balcony much like the conference room I was in yesterday. So this morning I decided to recreate the early morning chill (just in case it isn't recreated in the conference room) and opened the balcony doors while I was getting ready. I LOVE the bite in the air that comes with autumn and I'm thankful I was here alone so that no one complained when the room got really, really cold.
3. I am thankful for early nights to bed accompanied by restful sleep that leads to an alert morning. Sadly, the combination doesn't happen all that often.

"And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the Lord; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel."
-Ezra 3:11

"Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence."
-Bonnie D. Parkin, "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness," Ensign, May 2007

No comments: