Tuesday, November 04, 2008

i have victories to taste

1. I am thankful for phone calls from family and friends who live far away. It is always reassuring to know that there are people out there who care about me and are thinking of me.
2. I am thankful that I have access to a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and also that I enjoy eating them.
3. I am thankful for earrings that go with everything so I don't have to put any thought into my morning selection.

"We show our gratitude by sharing with others."
-H. David Burton, "More or Less," NewEra, Nov 2007

"Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love."
-Bonnie D. Parkin, "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness," Ensign, May 2007

1 comment:

Bart said...

I like the gratitude quotes you add at the end of these entries, Jennifer. It adds a nice touch.

It has been sobering for me to live away from family and friends and to receive so few random phone calls checking up on me. Of course, I understand that what you get is largely a product of what you give, so I have only myself to blame.

[Side note: I just called and talked to my brother for an hour. Fun times.]