Wednesday, November 26, 2008

god, our maker, doth provide

1. I am grateful for the comfort of being surrounded by family--people who love me no matter what I do and understand me even without my having to explain.
2. I am grateful for Thai food (not from Taiwan, but from Thailand, although I also enjoy the Taiwanese food) and a restaurant that is close to my office for the days when a bowl of curry is just what will hit the spot. I am also grateful for their generous portions so there is more than enough leftover for lunch another day this weekend (just in case the turkey runs out.)
3. I am grateful for drive-throughs. I am the frequent user of the drive-through at my local library (where you can let them know in advance what books or movies you want and then just go to the drive-through window and they will hand them to you) and today I started using the drive-through at my local pharmacy as well. As a bonus, because I filled three prescriptions I got a coupon for $.30 off each gallon of gas and so was able to fill up my tank and pay only $1.25 per gallon. Happy early Thanksgiving.

"And they gave thanks to God, yea, all their men and all their women and all their children that could speak lifted their voices in the praises of their God."
Mosiah 24:22

"As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us. President J. Reuben Clark, formerly a First Counselor in the First Presidency, said: "Hold fast to the blessings which God has provided for you. Yours is not the task to gain them, they are here; yours is the part of cherishing them" (Church News, 14 June 1969, 2)."
-James E. Faust, "Gratitude As a Saving Principle," Ensign, Dec 1996

No comments: