Monday, November 09, 2009

they call it puppy love

1. I am grateful that twenty years ago today my family happened to be in Berlin and was able to witness the opening of the Berlin Wall in person.

Even though I was a young child, I can still remember the drastic difference between a people who were caged and then were free.

2. I am grateful that I get to spend the next few days with my sister and her family and learn from her mothering expertise.

3. I am, well, to say it nicely, not really a dog person. I'm not an animal person generally (Ginet, it's like we are the same person), but am especially not a dog person. My sister has a dog. I'm grateful for this reminder that I don't ever want to have a dog. You know, just in case I was reconsidering the option.

"Gratitude is a state of appreciation, an act of thanksgiving, which causes us to be humble because we recognize an act of kindness, service, or caring from someone else which lifts us and strengthens us." --Elder Robert D. Hales

2 comments:

Rach said...

Our family was stationed at the northern most US Base in West Germany when the wall came down. I remember the weeks to come with all of the East Germans flowing into the cities and our village at the time. It was definately history in the making. Not something I will ever forget.

Karla said...

So how did it go with the dog when you got there? He seems like such a sweet dog to her children.