Tuesday, November 24, 2009

blessings in my home

1. I am grateful that I am able to stay home and work full-time at keeping Gulliver alive. This is the greatest, hardest, most time-consuming, most rewarding job I could ever imagine. I am grateful that Somebody supports that decision and willingly goes to work to provide for our family.

2. I am grateful for music that can change my mood.

3. I am grateful for those who are willing to go out of their way to help others.

"We need to be more grateful. I think there's no true character without gratitude. It's one of the marks of a real strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It doesn't cost anything. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation and gratitude."-Ezra Taft Benson, "Receive All Things with Thankfulness," New Era, Nov 1976

1 comment:

Karla said...

Staying at home is wonderful . . . most of the time. Well, it is all the time now for me but it didn't used to seem so wonderful when all the children were little and needed so much care.