Tuesday, November 03, 2009

in praise of facial tissues

1. Gulliver is sick today. More noticeably sick than he was yesterday. Today I am grateful that we didn't have any plans and were able to just stay warm at home. I'm grateful that we have already been to the doctor and that he is already taking antibiotics. I'm grateful that I could stay in pajamas because then I didn't mind when someone wiped his nose on me over and over and over.

2. I am grateful that I got to talk to so many friends and family members today. Getting to talk to the people I love is one of the best parts of having a birthday.

3. I am grateful that the cabinet guy finally came today to install the lazy susans in our kitchen corner cabinets. We've only been living here six months, and I only call him once or twice a week to remind him. He must have gotten tired of avoiding my phone calls. I am optimistic that this will help us feel like we have much more space in our kitchen.

"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Ah yes, the snot on shirt aspect of motherhood...I am sorry Oliver is sick. :(
Great quote. Oh, and happy birthday! :)

Miss L said...

I totally agree that the quote is great. I shall have to use it soon, but know I shall be oh-so-grateful for it. :)

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!