Saturday, November 07, 2009

the closet isn't going to organize itself

1. I am grateful for yummy, dried cranberries to mix in with my oatmeal each morning.

2. I am grateful for slow cookers so that I can put food in it in the morning, then go about my day with errands and chores, and know that when I return home and am ready to eat there will be something hot and (hopefully) yummy just waiting for me.

3. I am grateful for weekend mornings (okay, really just Saturday mornings) when Somebody is home and can take Gulliver downstairs to play and allow me to get just 15 more minutes of sleep. Somehow that makes a big difference.

"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable. Gratitude turns a meal into a feast and drudgery into delight. It softens our grief and heightens our pleasure. It turns the simple and common into the memorable and transcendent. It forges bonds of love and fosters loyalty and admiration."
--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments: