Monday, November 02, 2009

these flip flops are from old navy

1. I am grateful for fun surprises. I was totally on to the game with the first location, but was completely thrown off by the venue change (obviously, because who shows up to her own surprise birthday party wearing her pajamas and house slippers?)

2. I am grateful that I decided to get up early and beat the rush to the walk-in clinic at the pediatrician's office this morning. I was the first in line (ten minutes before the office opened, and, no, they didn't open the doors early to let us in from the cold) and pretty much disliked standing there holding a cold baby, but SO happy to basically walk in and then go straight back to see the doctor. Also, somehow the visit and filling a prescription for antibiotics cost me a whopping $0.80. For that I am very, very grateful.

3. I am grateful clean bathrooms. Clean ANY room, really, but the bathroom is the only one that fits that description today.

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."--Cynthia Ozick

No comments: