Saturday, November 11, 2006

on the new and everlasting

1. I am grateful for the feeling of satisfaction I get when I have done my job well, and when I feel like I am worth every penny I am getting paid.

2. I am grateful for date nights with Somebody. Last night we went to the temple and did sealings, which was full of excitement. One of the other female patrons passed out on the alter, and one of the other couples was making googly-eyes and schmoopy faces at each other (and couldn't not be holding hands), and the names were really hard for the sealer to pronounce (um, like our name), and Somebody would occasionally space out and forget he was supposed to reply, and one of the other male patrons kept falling asleep in the witness chair (but luckily his wife was holding his hand and would wake him up. Luckily.). It was crazy happenings all around. But the good part was that we got to be reminded of the temple and marriage covenants that we have made. Every time the sealer said, "husband and wife," I could remember how excited I was on the day we got married to hear those words. It was nice to be able to look across the alter last night and think, "Yes, I would make this covenant all over again. Because this guy? This good looking fellow sitting across from me? He fits every sappy cliché in the book, and makes me happier than I've ever been, and treats me better than I've been treated. Can I make this covenant twice? Because one eternity might not be enough time with him."

3. I am grateful for colorful bouquets of flowers.


“Gratitude is a state of appreciation, an act of thanksgiving, which causes us to be humble because we recognize an act of kindness, service, or caring from someone else which lifts us and strengthens us.”--Elder Robert D. Hales

No comments: