Saturday, November 25, 2006

because. just because.

1. I am grateful for my church calling. I always thought it would be kind of fun/challenging to be a Sunday school teacher, but I never imagined that my class would consist of half a dozen 15-18 year olds. I have no idea how to talk to those kids (even though my Amiga Tags says to use my normal adult words with them. What the? Adult words with kids? Just talk to them like I would my friends? That's crazy talk!) and I'm flustered by their lack of attention and hesitancy to speak up in class. I am grateful that at least I feel useful and that it is getting easier.

2. I am grateful for pony-tail days.

3. I am grateful for art that speaks to me; that draws me in so that I don't want to look away; that inspires me and touches me; that makes my world more beautiful.

4. I am grateful for Oral-B Essential-floss dental floss. It is the best dental floss ever, and I miss it terribly when I am away from home and don't have it.

5. I am grateful for two more days of this weekend.


“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”--Dietrich Bonhoeffer

No comments: