Saturday, November 25, 2006

because it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

1. I am grateful for days spent outdoors. We went with Karla's family up to hunt a Christmas tree today and not only came back with a great tree and smoky clothes, but a camera full of fun pictures and memories of a very fun day. 2. I am grateful for a Thanksgiving that included two 20+ pound turkeys, one 15+ pound ham, nine dozen rolls, 15 pies, one migraine (not mine), five paramedics, four police cars, one ambulance (also not mine), one broken toe (mine), 21 friends, and 9 family members. It was memorable (especially that violent game of hide-and-seek) and wonderful. And the food was fantastic.

3. I am grateful for filtered water and flushing toilets.

4. I am grateful for the internet, which is pretty much my source for all knowledge even though I know that I can't believe everything I read, or every cautionary tale my mom forwards me. I love being able to find recipes, pictures, poems, articles, lesson aids, medical advice, games, and news with just the click of a few buttons. I'm addicted.

5. I am grateful for my education.


“Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.”--John Henry Jowett

No comments: