Monday, November 27, 2006

it hasn't snowed a single flurry

1. I am grateful for a timer on my Christmas tree lights so that they stay on until after we have gone to sleep, and are back on right before the alarm goes off in the morning.

2. I am grateful for the snow that's falling and that should continue to fall for the next several days. Which also makes me very, very grateful for a garage so that I don't have to scrape the snow off in the mornings.

3. I am grateful for comfortable shoes.


"Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart."
--Seneca

"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life. Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!"
--President Joseph F. Smith

No comments: