Friday, November 10, 2006

on cowboys

1. I am grateful for neighbors who are willing to come over late a night to listen to strange noises that our car is making. Even when the handy neighbors don't think they can fix the problem, they can at least identify it so that I have something to suggest to the mechanic about how it needs to be repaired. And then, when all is said and done, I'm grateful for a car that I don't have to worry about. It's like a new car anyway, these days, what with all new tires and so many new internal parts.

2. I am grateful for nights when I go to sleep and don't wake up again until the alarm goes off.

3. I am grateful for being introduced to new fruit. This week I had a persimmon for the first time. My best description of one, for those of you who haven't had it, is that it seems like the child that would result from the mix of a tomato, a pumpkin, and a pear. Doesn't that sound appetizing? You know you want to try one. Seriously. They are delicious.



"Of all the "attitudes" we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing." --Zig Ziglarfdfdf

No comments: