Monday, November 06, 2006

on making it work

1. I am grateful for how loved I feel.

2. I am grateful for mornings when my outfit just comes together right away and I don't have to stare at my closet for ten minutes until I resign myself to wearing something I'm not happy with. It's also nice that the outfit that worked today just happened to be perfect for the great new pair of earrings I own.

3. I am grateful for how committed Somebody is to making our marriage work. I especially like it when he actually says, "I want this to work." Thank you. That makes two of us.

"Seeds of discouragement will not grow in the thankful heart."
—Anonymous

"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable. Gratitude turns a meal into a feast and drudgery into delight. It softens our grief and heightens our pleasure. It turns the simple and common into the memorable and transcendent. It forges bonds of love and fosters loyalty and admiration.
--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments: