Friday, March 28, 2008

friday finds: april showers edition

New and improved Friday finds. A much shorter list, but that doesn't mean I love it any less. I chose the April showers because, first, I just can't wait for April to get here because then we are that much closer to May and June, and second, because it has been rainy and dreary for several days so it just seems appropriate.

1. This print just screams optimism to me. I’m tempted to actually purchase it. I love it. I love the expression on the boy’s face. I love the yellow umbrella. I love the blues of the sky. Love. It. Up, up and Away: Arian

2. There is something about the name of this necklace, Cloud Burst, that I enjoy. I love the colors of the stones and the way it really does remind me not only of the sky during rain, but also of the way it makes the grass greener. Cloud Burst: Homespun City

3. How can you not love this? You might not be able to see if clearly, but the painting, besides have rain and umbrellas, also has the words “It won’t be long til happiness steps up to greet me…” and the person under the far left umbrella has their hand out to feel the rain. Happiness Steps Up To Greet Me: Elloh

4. I couldn’t have included this if it wasn’t called “In April,” so I’m glad I could. I’m a sucker for greens and yellows so this suits me perfectly. The colors are earth, life, newness, and hope—everything that spring brings. In April: Cserdan

5. Again with the baby stuff. I just can’t help myself. Babies will love playing with the ribbons, and the soft fleece looks so cuddly! I almost want to have one to entertain myself in church. Happy Rain Cloud: The Willow Tree

No comments: