Tuesday, March 13, 2007

i'll walk

Because poetry hasn't made me laugh out loud in a long time. Both from the genius of Finslippy.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it got sort of dark and weird with this undergrowth

Then checked out the other, which seemed just as fair
And now that I thought about it, had perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
But as for that, why was no one walking down there?
Is there something I should know about?

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh I kept them both for another day
You would think these roads would be marked somehow!
Or there would be a map or whatever

***

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me—
I screamed and ran away, because have you ever seen Death?
With the skull-head and giant scythe?
No thanks, Death, I'll walk

1 comment:

Janssen said...

MAN, do I love Finslippy. Did you read her post about where the name "Finslippy" came from? It was awesome and has made me laugh even just thinking about it.