Thursday, January 11, 2007

a total cowboy

This morning my car insurance company called me and said that they were going to pay to repair my car, and that they would be sending an ample amount of money my way to make the repairs. Yahoo! Then they called again six hours later and said they had made a mistake and would actually not be paying for my repairs. Boo-hoo! They have decided that the value of the car does not make it worth repairing. What do I do now? I know they will pay me the "market value" of my vehicle, or pay me a lesser amount to keep driving the damaged one, but I'm not sure how to decide which one of those to go with. And I was just getting excited about the idea of having the car all fixed, and thinking that it was worth enough to fix. My bubble is burst. So, I guess we'll shop around now to see if there is anything better than what we have in a price range we can afford. What are the chances of that happening?

No comments: