Friday, May 04, 2007

learning how to use one's eyes

At Elise's recommendation, I spent the second half of my day at the Zoo and Botanical Gardens. I can't imagine a better way to spend a few afternoon hours. The weather was perfectly warm, with a slight cool breeze. The parks were almost empty, so were very quiet. Most of the time I was strolling along on my own, and I had a fantastic time.
Part of the botanical garden is a children's paradise, where children are transported to a garden where the world towers over them. There is a vegetable garden area where children can walk through enormous (fake) carrots, radishes, and, my favorite, a pumpkin the size of a standard living room. The ceiling was decorated to look exactly like the insides of a real pumpkin. I was beyond impressed with this section of the gardens and wished I had children with me to appreciate it.

No comments: