Tuesday, October 10, 2006

somebody

Exhibit #1: I recently had an appointment with my R.S. pres, and because S**** and I had been out shopping he just drove straight to her house and waited in the car while I had my appointment. As I was leaving her house I was saying good-bye to the entire presidency who were sitting in her entry room. They invited me to stay longer and visit but I told them that I couldn't because S**** was waiting in the car. One of them responded with, “And just who is this special somebody in the car? Is it your husband.” Me: “Um, yes.” At first I was confused because I had actually said his name so OF COURSE he was the one in the car. Then I realized that she thought I had said that SOMEBODY was waiting in the car.

Exhibit #2: Somebody and I spend time with my cousin Becca and her husband Paul. One evening when Becca and I were going to a church meeting, Somebody and Paul decided to go up to Cabela’s to pass the time. Becca was telling her mother-in-law about the plans and said, “Paul and S**** are going to Cabela’s.” Her mother-in-law’s response: “Well, when you know who Paul is going with, let me know.”

Huh. So, apparently S****'s name sounds like Somebody. I kind of like referring to him in that vague way now. Especially because it reminds me of the old church dance classic by Depeche Mode.

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She will hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear
Of those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

1 comment:

Kate said...

:)

I love that song, and you are so right, it was played at EVERY church dance.