Tuesday, November 06, 2007

to have the things that mean the most

1. I am grateful for good music. One of my ward friends plays with the Kansas City Symphony and gave us tickets to attend the opera she was playing for last night. The music was lovely, the performers were amazingly talented, and we had a lovely time.
2. I am grateful that I feel loved all of the time.
3. I am grateful that most mornings my dad makes hot cereal for breakfast, because I love to eat it but I never schedule in enough time to actually make it.

"Seeds of discouragement will not grow in the thankful heart."
—Anonymous

"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable. Gratitude turns a meal into a feast and drudgery into delight. It softens our grief and heightens our pleasure. It turns the simple and common into the memorable and transcendent. It forges bonds of love and fosters loyalty and admiration.
--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments: