Tuesday, December 12, 2006

please don't put that pile of vitamins in your mouth

Last night two of my friends came over for what was later termed a “Dump Party.” We made Chinese Dumplings (a.k.a. pot stickers, a.k.a. Ling Lings, and a.k.a. Shu Shu’s) and ended up having more wrappers than we had meat mixture. To use up the remaining wrappers we experimented with filling them with dessert ingredients like peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate frosting, raspberry filling, chocolate cake pieces, and caramels. Then we dusted them with powered sugar, deep fried them, dusted them with more powdered sugar, and ate them with ice cream. Oh good grief—delicious! Next time (and there will be a next time) we will not use the frosting or caramels, but we will try sliced fruit, marshmallows, soft dipping caramel, pudding, and pound cake. You should totally try it.

Also, it recently was brought to my attention that my husband had never had Cream of Wheat. What the? Is that even possible? I love it, so I made some for him to try. The first time around he didn’t eat much but I think that might have been because I added brown sugar to his bowl. Now I don’t add anything to his and he eats it without complaint. Sometimes his aversion to sweets makes me feel like I’m Buddy the Elf:
Emily: You like sugar, huh?
Buddy: Is there sugar in syrup?
Emily: Yes.
Buddy: Then YES!

No comments: