Thursday, February 22, 2007

wedding dinner

As I mentioned, our main purpose in our trip to Taiwan was to have a wedding dinner with Somebody's family. There isn't much to say about the dinner other than 1) it was the first time I wore high heels in a long, long time, and 2) the guests were very, very drunk.




We had dinner at a nice Japanese restaurant. I think my parents were a little, uh, nervous about the food, but I thought it was delicious.





A traditional part of the dinner is going from table to table toasting the guests. This is slightly challenging when you have no idea what it being said, but it was fun to “visit” at each table.





This would be the best grape juice I have ever had in my life. I look for it every time we go to the Asian market but have never found it.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Have you tried the Korean Market on (roughly) 103rd and Metcalf? They have tons of Japanese products there and I seem to recall that they have a pretty good beverage section.

Karla said...

I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that must have been to meet all of his family. It is hard to meet in-laws even when you know what they are saying!