Sunday, November 28, 2010

still thinking about that tomato bisque

1. I am grateful that the food at the hospital has been, on the whole, quite yummy.
2. I am grateful that the same nurse was working all three days I was in the hospital. Molly was the greatest. It was really nice to have someone who was there with me from the first time I got off the "have a baby here" bed all the way up until I checked out today.
3. I am grateful that I listened to a session of general conference today (because I had to do something churchy since I was missing church) and got to hear this great message about gratitude over again: The Divine Gift of Gratitude, by President Thomas S Monson. I especially love this part:

"Regardless of our circumstances, each of us has much for which to be grateful if we will but pause and contemplate our blessings. This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good. There are marriages that make it, parents who love their children and sacrifice for them, friends who care about us and help us, teachers who teach. Our lives are blessed in countless ways. We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude."

1 comment:

Janssen said...

You look great! And that baby is DARLING.